Second Copy can run as a service only on Windows NT4/2000/XP/2003/Vista systems. This is helpful if you want to run Second Copy in the memory while the user is not logged in. Once Second Copy is set to run as a service, it will run the profiles automatically as scheduled.|
Before you can run Second Copy as a service you need to install it. Once it is installed, you can start Second Copy service from the Services component in the Administrative Tools.
- Click on Start
- Select Run
- Enter "cmd" in the Open box and click on OK. This will open another window with a command prompt.
- Type "cd \Program Files" without the quotes
- Type "cd \SecCopy" without the quotes
- Type "scsvc /install" without the quotes and hit Enter. This will install Second Copy to run as a service.
- Once you have installed Second Copy to run as a service, open the Services component from the Administrative Tools
- Select Second Copy Service from the list of installed services
- Click on the Action menu and select Properties
- Click on the Log On tab
- Check Allow service to interact with desktop
- Click OK
- Click on Start to start Second Copy as a service interactively
- Create the desired profiles in Second Copy
- From the Services component, Stop the service
- Uncheck Allow service to interact with desktop
- Start the service
For Windows Vista:
- Set Run <b>cmd</b> to Run as a service as follows:
- Click Start and type cmd; in the Search box. This should produce a list consisting of one entry: the shortcut to the Windows Command Processor, cmd
- Right-click the cmd shortcut and choose Pin to Start Menu<
- Click Start again. Right-click the Command Prompt shortcut you just added to the Start menu and choose Properties
- Click the Advanced button and click to select the Run as administrator checkbox
- Click OK to save your changes
- From the command prompt, go to \Program Files\SecCopy folder and run Scsvc.exe /install
- Enter Secpol.msc on the Run command to open Local Security Settings
- Add the user under Log on as a service so that the user or the group will be able to login as a service
- Start the service for Second Copy from the Services console
For more information, refer to the Help file under the section "Run as a service".